Sometimes you need inspiration.
And sometimes you run out.
But sometimes it can be found in a bowl with a spoon.
That brings us to “live”.
Inspiration in the form of Brownie Batter.
So I was talking to Kristan and we decided when inspiration hits, why not hit a grand slam?
Inspiration found in a bowl with a spoon, getting knocked out of the park with a baseball bat.
Clearly all this talk of raw batter has made my head loony.
Back to grand slams…we decided to take some brownie batter and do it lots of ways. Like a whole week dedicated to brownie batter on my site and hers.
It’s a two-fer.
Prepare to be slammed.
So first on my BB agenda is Parfaits.
Brownie Batter Parfaits.
You’ve got batter, brownie pieces and brownie batter whipped cream…yep that’s a new invention, people.
Say it with me…Brownie Batter Whipped Creammmm.
It’s a whole-lotta brownie in one jar.
Worth every calorie.
My friends, it’s like shazam-good. Shazaaaamity zam zam.
You’ll have to tie your hands behind your back to keep from eating it straight from the bowl. That’s not hyperbole.
It’s as easy as schlemeel, schlemazel.
Batter, Brownie, whipped cream. Repeat.
Brownie Batter Day 1…check. Now hop over and see Kristan’s Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches with BROWNIE BATTER Frosting.
That’s a serious cookie.
Now, are ready for a full week of this stuff?
It’s gonna be off the chizzle.
- Prepared brownies in cut into cubes
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup dry brownie mix
- 2½ cups dry brownie mix
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3-4 Tbsp water
- In a large mixing bowl combine heavy cream and dry brownie mix. Using whisk attachment, beat cream for 2-3 minutes on medium high speed until whipped cream forms stiff peaks.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine dry brownie mix, oil and water. Stir until it is a smooth consistency. Adjust amount of water on the thickness of batter desired.
- In a small jar or parfait dish, layer brownie batter, brownie pieces and whipped cream. Repeat process.
I yielded 6 desserts.