Ok, so don’t be confused.
This recipe is brownies.
2 different kinds of brownies
BUT when they bake together they kind of form a cake.
It’s weird, I know.
But it happened.
It wasn’t what I was expecting, but then again, most things aren’t.
Anyhow. Cake Batter Blondies baked with regular Brownies makes cake.
I have no idea how it does it, but it’s kind of magic.
Cake Batter Brownie Snack Cake
SO this isn’t really that much of a recipe.
Well, I mean it IS, but it isn’t.
It’s actually more of an assembly process.
I made the brownies according to the package directions.
Buy the “Family Size” Brownie mix. The kind you would bake in a 9×13 pan. (I happened to find “Funfetti” Brownie mix, but you don’t have to…it was just a fun option. The only difference is that it included “rainbow chips” to sprinkle on the brownies.)
Also, you’ll need a box of Funfetti Cake mix.
I used THIS RECIPE FOR CAKE BATTER BLONDIES using the Funfetti cake mix.
BUT I omitted the white chips and the marshmallows. Don’t be confused.
Whip that up and spread it into a greased 9×13 pan…
Pour that on top of the Cake Batter part…
It’s basically a science experiment.
Then, when it’s cooled, you should frost it.
I mean, it IS cake and all.
I used this recipe cut in half. Or use a can of frosting. I mean, who are we kidding here?
Then you should definitely add more sprinkles.
- 1 (15.25 oz) box "Funfetti" Cake mix
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 "Family Size" box Brownie mix, batter prepared per package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray
- In mixing bowl combine Funfetti Cake Mix, oil, egg and milk. Beat together for 1 minute, until ingredients are incorporated. Batter will be dense.
- Spread batter in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Now make your brownie batter according to the directions on the box.
- Pour the brownie batter on top of the Funfetti layer.
- Bake approx 25-30 minutes until center is set.
- Let cool completely and then frost, if desired.