This Instant Pot Korean Beef was made in under an hour using the pressure cooker feature and it’s AMAZINGLY flavorful and totally simple!
So yep, here we are again doing another Pressure Cooker recipe. You guys, I’m obsessed.
Like I’ve talked about before I bought my Instant Pot back in December and have used it pretty nonstop since then, even sharing a few recipes here on my website. I feel like it’s an official love affair.
Dinnertime in our house is generally pretty busy. We have sports almost all year round for the kids, and then there’s homework and after-school-clubs. From 3:00-6:00 we’re pretty frantic. Using the pressure cooker occasionally has been a huge dinner-saver for me. Knowing that if I don’t get my meal prepped in the slow-cooker in the morning, there is no reason to stress…the pressure cooker will do what the slow cooker will do in a fraction of the time. Of course, the Instant Pot slow cooks, too…that’s why it’s so great, all the versatility.
Anyhow, I wanted to try my hand at Korean Beef in the pressure cooker and it was a major hit. It will be on regular dinner rotation indeed.
I served mine over rice, but next time we are going to make Korean Beef Tacos for sure.
Just cube up some roast and season it with salt and pepper…
Brown the meat in the Instant Pot on the sauté setting. One pot baby!
I added in some diced apples (or pears), grated ginger and freshly squeezed orange juice.
The sauce that goes in is super simple, you probably have everything in your pantry right now!
It cooks for just a few minutes on high pressure and then shreds up like a dream! You don’t even have to shred it if you cubed you meat small enough, but I like how the shredded meat soaks up all of the tasty sauce.
I spiced mine up with a little chili oil to give it an extra kick too, so if your whole family likes spice you can add some crushed red pepper flakes into the dish as well!
- 4 pounds bottom roast, cut into cubes
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 pear or Granny Smith apple peeled and chopped
- juice or one large orange or 2 small
- Season the cubed roast liberally with salt and pepper.
- Heat Instant Pot to saute. Once the pan is hot coat the pan with the olive oil and in batches brown the meat on all the sides. Transfer meat to a plate while you’re working.
- Once all the meat is browned de-glaze the pan with the beef broth, scraping up all the browned bits.
- Pour in the soy sauce and stir to combine.
- Return all the meat back to the pan and then place the garlic, ginger and pear on top of the meat, stirring lightly to slightly combine.
- Finally add in the orange juice.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot and using the manual button on high pressure set to 45 minutes. Make sure the valve is closed.
- Once the pot is done, release the steam and shred meat using a fork.
- Serve over rice
* I got my Instant Pot on Amazon
This post contains affiliate links