I feel like a bit of a one-trick pony these days.
I mean, are you sick of cookie bars yet?
What was I thinking? You guys are my peeps.
No way are you sick of cookie bars.
They’re totally delicious, totally easy and completely versatile.
Like, would a cake let you put chocolate chip cookies and pretzel nuggets in it?
Hmmm, don’t answer that. Idea logged.
Anyway, cookie bars are pretty chill.
Ooh, yuck. I can’t believe I just said that.
What I MEAN is, they are all easy-breezy-I-don’t-care-what-you-add-to-me-because-I-will-work-and-be-delicious-no-matter-what.
So yeah. I make a lot of bar desserts.
They make me happy.
And since you ARE my peeps, I’m thinking they make you happy too.
Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars…
So I started with a log of cookie dough.
Annnd I baked the bajeezus out of it.
OK, not really. I barely baked it.
Then I put a bunch of marshmallows all over it.
I decided I had better start using them!
Then immediately press your peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets into the gooey-ness. I used THESE pretzel nuggets.
If you want to make it pretty melt some peanut butter chips with a bit of shortening….
And go ahead and drizzle that shizzle…
For real now.
- 1 (16.5 oz) roll chocolate chip cookie dough
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups Peanut Butter filled Pretzel Nuggets
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- 1 tsp vegetable shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray
- Press your chocolate chip cookie dough into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are golden.
- Sprinkle marshmallows evenly on top of crust and bake for 1-2 more minutes until marshmallows puff up but don't brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately press your pretzel nuggets into the warm marshmallow.
- Let cool and cut into squares.
You can cut these with a sharp spatula or a wet knife to prevent from the marshmallow sticking.