Salsa Verde White Chicken Chili is loaded with protein, low in fat and made with my Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken! You can easily sub in Rotisserie Chicken for the Salsa Verde Chicken too to make it in a pinch!
There is snow on the ground today in New Jersey. I know I can’t really complain…it IS January after all. Old Man Winter held off as long as he could this year…and I appreciate it. I do. But today there is snow, which means I need to get my soup pot ready…
I do feel like I have beaten my Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken to death lately, but it is my new favorite adaptable dish. I use it for quesadillas, nachos, in eggs, casseroles, rice bowls, on it’s own…the list goes on and on…
Also, if you don’t know, an Instant Pot is a pressure cooker that also slow cooks, steams, sautés, cooks rice etc…I am a little obsessed with it here recently and I know you guys will be too! I’m even giving two away right now over on Instagram!
Ok, back to this White Chili. I LOVE White Chili. I love it more than regular chili. Way more. This recipe calls for my Salsa Verde Chicken as a short cut, but you can TOTALLY use Rotisserie Shredded Chicken mixed with about 1/2 cup of Salsa Verde…which is just green salsa.
I just sauteed up some onion, jalapeno, garlic and green chilis…stick those in the blender with half of the beans and half the corn you will be using. Add in some cumin, cayenne pepper and salt.
Blend it up until you have a thick paste…
This paste serves as the base to your chili and is LOADED with flavor, protein and goodness.
Mix this with chicken broth, the shredded chicken, the remaining beans and corn. Simmer it for about 30 minutes and that’s it!
It’s thick, filling and low fat…a little goes a long way and this makes a big pot!
Serve it with a little cilantro, sour cream or even crushed tortilla chips if you want!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilis, undrained
- 2 cans northern beans, drained, rinsed and divided
- 1 can corn, drained and divided in half
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups salsa verde chicken
- 24 ounces chicken broth
- In a medium Dutch oven heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute the onions and jalapeno until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and saute for 2 more minutes. Stir in the green chilis and remove from the heat.
- Place one can of drained and rinsed beans and half of the corn into a blender or food processor. Transfer the onion mixture into the blender or food processor as well. Add in the cumin, cayenne and salt. Blend the mixture until it is a thick paste.
- Add the chicken to the unwashed dutch oven over medium heat and stir in the chicken broth. Add in the bean mixture to the broth and stir to combine. Finally add in the remaining beans and corn.
- Heat the chili until it just comes to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the chili for 30 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning to taste if necessary.