This Whipped Nutella Frosting is so creamy and smooth, you’ll want to eat it with a spoon!
I am a frosting girl. That’s me. Hi.
I can’t be on your team if you have ever uttered the words, that’s “too sweet” or, “I scraped the frosting off”.
My people ask for a corner piece…an extra rose (or two).
My people eat the frosting first…you know, to make sure it’s the RIGHT kind of frosting. No fake stuff allowed. Only the real deal for my brethren. If the frosting ain’t right, the cake ain’t worth it.
I should really write bumper stickers.
Anyhow, today I am sharing with you maybe my new favorite food. And DEFINITELY my new favorite frosting.
I don’t want to be all exaggeratey, but today’s pretty major.
Whipped Nutella Frosting. OHHHYEZZZZY.
I have to tell you this frosting never made it onto a cupcake, or a cookie or even a toothbrush. It went straight from the mixing bowl and into my face. And when I ate so much I couldn’t feel my fingertips any longer I gave the rest to my neighbors, where they also ate it with a spoon, from the bowl.
I was going to make dark chocolate cupcakes and pipe a giant swirl of this creamy love fluff on top. But it never stood a chance.
It’s THAT good.
So I will say make this at your own risk…because I know it’s not health food or anything. But I’m pretty sure you deserve a giant heap of frosting in your face right now.
I know this because you are my people.
Or you know…straight off a spoon 🙂
- ¾ cup salted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (like Nutella)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment beat the butter and Nutella together for 2 minutes until combined and creamy, scraping sides as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the powdered sugar, vanilla and heavy cream.
- Once the powdered sugar is mixed in turn mixer back up to medium high and whip for 2 more minutes until creamy and fluffy, again, scraping sides as needed.
- Spread or pipe on top cake or cupcakes.