Baileys Brownies are a rich, fudgy, brownie recipe with a boozy Baileys Irish Cream kick! These easy brownies can be made completely from scratch OR take a shortcut with a boxed mix. AND they’re topped off with a thick layer of Baileys chocolate ganache.
To make these brownies from scratch use my Perfect Fudgy Brownies as the base!
Baileys Brownies are the Ultimate Grown Up Brownie Recipe!
I have TONS of brownies recipes here on my site, but it’s just a recipe that screams for adaptations! Of course my Perfect Fudgy Brownies is the best place to start. And to that recipe the sky is really the limit.
Today, though, our brownies are growing up. These Baileys Brownies are the ULTIMATE adult brownie recipe. They’re rich and fudgy, with the chocolate flavor amped up with espresso powder, all topped off with a thick layer of fudgy Baileys chocolate ganache.
How Do You Make Baileys Brownies?
This is a very easy brownie recipe that makes a huge impact. Serve your friends or guests up a plate of these after dinner with a cup of coffee and you will most definitely garner some ooh and ahhs.
The Baileys Irish Cream in the ganache topping adds a subtle hint of flavor. It’s not an overwhelming boozy taste, so if boozy isn’t your thing, don’t worry it’s not strong. I am actually one of those people who prefers my alcohol in a glass, not in my dessert, so I get it.
BUT with that said, you can taste it…but in the best way possible. The Baileys blends with the chocolate and sweetened condensed milk to form a rich, silky, fudge topping.
Can I Make These Brownies From Scratch?
What I love most about this recipe is that you can go completely “from scratch” OR you can take a shortcut and use a boxed mix.
The star of the show here is the Baileys ganache, so of course the brownie base is important, but if you’re looking for a time saver go ahead and use the boxed mix. Just make sure you’re using a “Family Size” or 18- ounce sized box mix and you bake it in a 9×9 pan so you get thick brownies!
Can I Leave The Baileys Out?
Yes you can! If you’re just REALLY not feeling the Baileys, but love the other aspects of this recipe, leave the Baileys out and sub in extra sweetened condensed milk!
What If You Don’t Want To Add Espresso Powder?
No worries if you don’t have espresso powder (I get it, it’s an annoying ingredients if you don’t drink espresso). You can totally leave it out.
If you like the coffee flavor but just don’t have the espresso powder, you can use strongly brewed coffee in the brownie recipe in place of the water (in a boxed mix). If you’re making my from-scratch brownie recipe, espresso powder is really the best option.
Looking For Another Brownies Recipe? Try These:Print
These are a rich, fudgy grown up brownie! The Baileys gives them a slightly boozy flavor and the espresso powder just amps up the chocolate!
- 1 (Family Size 18.4- ounce) size brownie mix and ingredients required on box OR my Fudgy Brownie Recipe
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F, or if making my Fudgy Brownies, 325°F. Line a 9×9- inch baking dish with foil or parchment paper and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Prepare brownies according to directions, adding in the espresso powder. Spread into the pan and bake according to directions. Let the brownies cool completely.
- Bring a medium saucepan filled with 1- inch of water to a simmer. Place sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, salt, Baileys, and vanilla a heat-safe bowl and place the bowl on the pan of simmering water. Stir constantly until the chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Spread the warm ganache on top of the brownies. Allow the chocolate set up at room temperature, or more quickly in the refrigerator.
- When the chocolate is set, slice into bars.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for 5 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, brownies, baileys brownies, baileys irish cream, fudgy brownies, easy brownies recipe, homemade brownies, best brownie recipe, chocolate brownies
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later