These Brookie Cookies are the perfect portions of a chocolate chip cookie and a brownie all in one!
Yep, I’m still on cookies.
I guess it must be that time of the year…you know holiday baking season and all?
Wait, that hasn’t started yet?
Well, I am on cookies, which means for sure come December when everyone else is making cookies I’ll inevitably be making pie. Or cake. Or brownies.
It’s a hard knock life.
These are Brookie Cookies.
Which actually is sort of a redundant name.
Brookie, as in the Brownie/Chocolate Chip Cookie hybrid that everyone loves so much in cookie form.
So it’s basically a Brownie/Chocolate Chip Cookie cookie.
Half brownie/half chocolate chip…all cookie.
These are totally easy…they just take a few steps.
First make a simple chocolate chip cookie dough…
Then grab a box of brownie mix. I like to use the kind that has chocolate chips in it…but that’s a personal preference.
Whisk the mix with a little extra flour…
Then add in some eggs and oil…
Next, grab a spoonful of each dough, squish them together and form them into balls…
Bake them for 9-10 minutes and voila!
Also,check out these fun brownie/cookie hybrids I found on the internets…
Black & White Cookies from Averie Cooks
Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies from Picky Palate
The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n’ Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar from Kevin and Amanda
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies from Brown Eyed Baker
Pillow Cookies from Bakerella
Makes 36 large cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 (18 oz) box brownie mix
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
For chocolate chip cookie portion:
- Cream butter and both sugars together for 2 minutes until fluffy and light.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Mix in baking soda and salt. Then add flour and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine brownie mix and flour. Whisk together.
- Stir in eggs and oil until combined. Dough will be thick.
- Form chocolate chip cookie dough into 1 inch balls. Scoop an equal size of the brownie mixture and squish it together with the cookie portion.
- Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until edges are golden and cookies are just set.
- Allow to cool 3-4 minutes on baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Store airtight for up to 3 days