Candy Corn Scotcheroos are a fun and festive twist on the classic Scotcheroos recipe! These are perfect for an after school treat, or a Halloween party snack! I’ve partnered with Karo® Syrup for this easy and delicious recipe.
I have decided to fully embrace candy corn this Halloween season. I mean, it’s such an adorable little candy, and it’s really only around for about one month every year…so I’m really going to give it a moment to shine. There is nothing bad about candy corn…it’s just not a very exciting little candy. I get it. But what I’ve found, is that while by itself, it’s just ehh…added into another dessert as a garnish is how it can reach its full potential. So my kids and I decided to take this Scary Scotcheroo Treat recipe and make it a little less “scary” and little more cute! Not only did we add candy corn into the classic Scotcheroo recipe, but we cut and decorated them to look like candy corn. A perfect Halloween treat indeed!
This Scotcheroos recipe is the perfect crispy, chewy treat because you use Karo® Light Corn Syrup which adds the exact right amount of sweetness without overpowering the key flavors! And the candy corn pairs perfectly with the flavor of the Scotcheroos!
I followed the classic Scotcheroos recipe exactly, by bringing granulated sugar and Karo® Light Corn Syrup to a boil.
The festive twist I put on my recipe, is that I added in 1 1/4 cups of chopped candy corn right into the mixture and pressed it into a greased pan.
Once the Scotcheroos have cooled the fun begins! You can cut them into triangles and decorate them with orange, yellow, and white candy melts so they look like candy corn!
These are such a fun treat to get your kids involved with as well. It’s an easy recipe that is a great way to introduce cooking to your kids, or anyone who is new to baking! I love adorable treats like this because they are perfect for a holiday table, or even as a special lunchbox treat and the candy corn pairs perfectly with the subtle sweetness of Karo® Syrup.
- 1 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped candy corn
- 1-1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 cup orange candy melts
- 1 cup yellow candy melts
- 1 cup white candy melts
- Cook Karo® Light Corn Syrup and sugar together in a large pan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in the peanut butter and mix well. Add the cereal and chopped candy corn and stir until evenly coated.
- Press the mixture into greased 15 x 10-inch pan and pat into place.
- Melt white chocolate and butterscotch chips together in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread over the cereal mixture.
- Cool for at least 45 minutes, or until firm. Cut into bars, and then into triangle shapes.
- Melt the candy melts in bowls according to package directions. Using an offset spatula, decorate the Scotcheroos to look like candy corn.
Store airtight for up to 5 days
Keywords: scotcheroos, no bake, krispie treats, halloween, candy corn