I am really sorry to do this to you.
I used a ziplock for easy filling…
Cut of the corner of the ziplock and squeeze batter into each donut mold, filling 2/3 full.
Bake for 7-9 minutes until the tops are slightly browned and spring back when touched.
Let donuts cool in pan for 5 minutes and then turn pan upside down to remove.
Then glaze them up!
I just dropped each donut into the saucepan and quickly coated, transferring onto a cooling rack with parchment or a silicon mat under to catch the glaze drippings.
Then frost them again. I know.
Spread approx 1 tsp of frosting on top of each donut and immediately coat with sprinkles.
Voila! Easy, yummy and did I mention DOUBLE glazed?
Now back to the pan.
You need one of these in your life.
It even came with recipes…here’s the one I adapted…
Your waist might regret it, but your tummy will be happy 🙂
Double Glazed Funfetti Donuts
- 2 3/4 cups Funfetti Cake Mix
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- *sprinkles if desired
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Spray the donut pan lightly with cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl beat all ingredients on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Transfer batter in a ziplock bag.
- Cut of the corner of the ziplock and squeeze batter into each donut mold, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes until the tops are slightly browned and spring back when touched.
- Let donuts cool in pan for 5 minutes and then turn pan upside down to remove.
- In medium saucepan combine ingredients with a whisk over low heat.
- Stir until glaze is smooth.
- Now coat your donuts with the glaze while burner is still on low. If the glaze gets too hot remove from heat.
- You don’t want it to burn, you just want it to stay warm and thin.
- I just dropped each donut into the saucepan and quickly coated, transferring onto a cooling rack with parchment or a silicon mat under to catch the glaze drippings.
- Let the glaze set…about 15 minutes.
- Stir both ingredients together until smooth.
- Spread approx 1 tsp of frosting on top of each donut and immediately coat with sprinkles.
Want To Save This Recipe?
Find more recipes like this:
Helpful tip… Out of buttermilk?
86 comments on “Double Glazed Funfetti Donuts”
How many donuts does this make?? This is a mini donut pan, right??
It’s a regular sized donut pan, but you could certainly use a mini pan too, just adjust the baking time. I got about 20 regular sized donuts.
Just finished these…so good to have this recipe 🙂 Love making donuts for my family.
Thanks for the recipe! I’ve been using the donut recipe for a while now. I use a donut maker though, and mix my batter by hand, but I use the measurements and my donuts always turn out great. Haven’t made Funfetti yet though, so far just vanilla and devils food.
We featured this recipe in our weekly food trend blog post. You can check it our here.
Thanks for all of the great recipes!
Thanks so much for the feature!!!
Awesome recipe! I just made these with my little Donut maker and everything came out perfect! I will definitely be making these again!
I think you are the love of my life and the devil at the same time. OMG your site makes me so hungry and feel so guilty all at once! I bow to you queen of the kitchen goodies!!!!
I made these today, they were delicious! Thank you for this awesome recipe!
I tried 4 times and just couldn’t get this to work with my mini doughnut pan. It seemed no matter how little I put in it ended up muffins with hollow centers. Tasted great, but not very attractive. 🙁 Don’t know what I did wrong. My boys were glad they were rejects though. 🙂
How weird! I have a mini donut pan but havent yet used it.. I should give it a try and see if i get the same result.
Are there 2 3/4 cups of cake mix in one cake box? Do I need to get two boxes?
Only one box is necessary…and you will have some leftover 😉
I am DROOLING at my screen right now!!
We just started following you! Love love LOVE your blog! Your right though my waist may not love! Def. worth running an extra few miles though!