Rich and smooth Peanut Butter Fudge is a bite of peanut butter bliss, ready in less than 5 minutes in the microwave! An easy, foolproof homemade fudge that you’ll be making all year round.
Looking for more fudge recipes? Try this Classic Chocolate Fudge!
This Easy Peanut Butter Fudge Melts in Your Mouth!
Fudge is one of my most loved no-bake desserts. All that sugary, creamy goodness that just melts in your mouth – it’s no wonder that fudge makes an appearance around the holidays! It’s the culinary gift that just keeps giving.
I recently made a batch of this easy, four-ingredient peanut butter fudge, and holy moly. Not only is it ready in less than 5 minutes in the microwave, but it’s so deliciously smooth and full of rich peanut butter flavor! As someone who’s no stranger to eating spoonfuls of peanut butter from the jar on occasion, this fudge recipe is everything.
There’s no boiling, temperature-taking, or fussing happening here. Just pure, peanut butter bliss and the easiest and best fudge ever!
What You’ll Need
- Creamy Peanut Butter: Any shelf-stable brand of peanut butter you prefer, as long as it’s creamy! JIF and Skippy are great options. Avoid natural peanut butters when making fudge as the oils tend to separate.
- Butter: Salted or unsalted. Make a note to adjust any additional salt as needed.
- Vanilla Extract: Use pure vanilla extract if you can! This adds a lovely depth of flavor to the fudge.
- Salt: Salt balances the sweetness of the other fudge ingredients. If you’re using salted butter, I recommend reducing the added salt or leaving it out altogether.
- Powdered Sugar: Also known as confectioner’s sugar. For extra smooth fudge, you can sift your powdered sugar before you start (however, for this recipe it’s optional).
How to Make Peanut Butter Fudge in the Microwave
Melt the Peanut Butter & Butter: Microwave the peanut butter and butter together in a bowl covered loosely in plastic wrap. Give the mixture a stir halfway through to combine.
Stir in the Ingredients: Remove the bowl from the microwave and add in the rest of the ingredients. Continue stirring until the powdered sugar is fully combined and you have a thick mixture that’s free of any lumps.
Make the Fudge: Gently press the fudge mixture into an 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper. Once you have an even layer, cover the pan with parchment paper or cling wrap. Pop it into the fridge to chill until the fudge is set before cutting it into 1-inch pieces.
Tips for Success
- Can I Use Another Pan?: If you don’t have an 8×8 pan handy, make your fudge in any size you have available! Just remember that different sized pans will impact the thickness.
- Oily Fudge: Overheating might be the culprit. If you notice the tops of your fudge look a bit oily, make a note for next time to adjust the cooking time in your microwave slightly.
Add in the below ideas while the fudge mixture is still warm, before you spread it into the pan:
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Fudge: Stir semi-sweet chocolate chips into the warm fudge mixture.
- Crunchy Peanut Butter Fudge: Add in crushed peanuts, or another kind of nut for a crunchier texture.
- Reese’s Cups Peanut Butter Fudge: Toss some Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups into the warm fudge. Mini Reese’s Cups will also work!
Should Peanut Butter Fudge Be Refrigerated?
This peanut butter fudge is best when stored at room temperature and will keep for up to 7 days. You can refrigerate it if you prefer, but let it come to room temperature again before serving.
Can I Freeze It?
Yep! Once your fudge has chilled for a couple of hours, wrap it in cling wrap or store it in a freezer bag. If you’re worried about sticking, wrap the fudge in a layer parchment paper first. Fudge can stay frozen for up to 2 months, and thawed at room temperature.
More No-Bake Treats to Try
- Sweet & Salty No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- The Best No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
- No Bake Chocolate & Honey Peanut Butter Bars
- No Bake Cookie Bars
- Easy No Bake Coconut Candy
The easiest recipe for rich and smooth Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge, ready in under 5 minutes! A foolproof homemade fudge that you’ll be making all year round.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the peanut butter and butter In a large (3- quart) microwave-safe bowl. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and microwave for 2 minutes on full power. Stir mixture with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, re-cover and microwave for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave, stir again, and add in the vanilla, salt, and powdered sugar. Stir until all the powdered sugar is combined and no lumps remain. The mixture will be very thick.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan evenly. Cover the fudge with the remaining parchment or cling wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until cooled and set.
- Cut into 1- inch pieces.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 7 days.
Keywords: no-bake desserts, how to make fudge, microwave peanut butter fudge
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: