This Oreo Icebox Cake is an easy 3 ingredient no-bake dessert idea. Just assemble and let chill in the fridge overnight. Creamy, cookies and cream perfection that is so easy to make!
Easy No-Bake Oreo Ice Box Cake
You’re gonna LOVE this Oreo Icebox Cake! This recipe is so simple, with just 3 ingredients it’s almost not even fair to to call a “recipe”! You only need Oreos, Cool Whip, and milk, and what you end up with is a creamy, delicious no bake dessert that everyone will love. It’s perfect for parties, BBQs, potlucks, or even just to make one night in the summer and enjoy it all week after dinner.
What You Need (Just 3 Ingredients):
- Oreos. You can use regular or Double Stuf. And truly you could use any fun Oreo flavor, but I always stick to the traditional because everyone loves cookies and cream.
- Cool Whip. You will need 3, 8- ounce tubs of Cool Whip, or 24 ounces. I know they sell 12- ounce containers too, but the 3 tubs works perfectly for this, because the layers will be portioned out for you for spread. Make sure to thaw the Cool Whip in the refrigerator before using, because it needs to be creamy and easy to spread.
- Milk. You will be dunking the Oreos in the milk to soften them up. Doesn’t matter what type of milk you use!
How to Make this Easy Oreo Icebox Cake Recipe:
The assembly process of this is super easy and it’s a great dessert recipe to let your kids help with!
Dunk an Oreo into milk and hold it there for a few seconds. You want it to start to soften, but not get mushy.
Layer 30 softened Oreos in the bottom of a 9×13 dish.
Top the first layer with an entire tub of Cool Whip.
Repeat the process two more times, finishing with that last tub of whipped topping. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 6 hours, or overnight.
Serve with chocolate sauce if you want, but it’s not necessary…it’s sweet enough!
Do You Have To Use Cool Whip?
I have never had this any other way, but I am sure homemade whipped cream would work. You would simply need to make sure you whipped the heavy cream with a little powdered sugar until stiff peaks form using a stand mixer or hand mixer. Whipped cream has a tendency of deflating, or becoming runny as it sits in the refrigerator, so just beware it could possibly get a little runny the longer it sits.
Can You Freeze Oreo Icebox Cake?
Yes you can! Simply freeze it and allow it to thaw in the refrigerator before serving. You could even enjoy this frozen, just note the cookies will be a little firmer. Store it in the freezer for up to 30 days airtight.
This is such a simple recipe it is open to tons of variations. Here are a few ideas I love:
- Use Nutter Butter Cookies instead of Oreos and heat up a little creamy peanut butter in the microwave to drizzle on top!
- Use Birthday Cake Oreos for a birthday party and top it with colorful sprinkles!
- Crush up some more Oreos on top for a garnish or even sprinkle with mini chocolate chips!
I created a video to show you how easy…
More No Bake Oreo Dessert Ideas:Print
This easy Oreo Icebox Cake is the perfect dessert for hot weather! A simple no-bake dessert idea that you just assemble and let chill in the fridge overnight.
- 90 Oreo Cookies (I used Double Stuf, but you can use Original)
- 3 (8- ounce) tubs Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups milk
- *chocolate sauce if desired
- Dip 30 Oreo Cookies in milk one by one and lay flat in a 9×13 pan.
- Spread one tub of Cool Whip evenly over the Oreos. Repeat this process 2 more times, finishing with a layer of Cool Whip on top.
- If desired drizzle chocolate sauce on top, or extra crushed Oreos.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 109
- Sugar: 7.8 g
- Sodium: 90 mg
- Fat: 5.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.2 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 2.8 mg
Keywords: easy oreo dessert, oreo icebox cake, easy summer dessert idea, no bake dessert, no bake oreo cake, no bake dessert idea, best icebox cake
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: