So the past few days I may have gotten a fairly significant amount of emails telling me that some of you lovelies have “unsubscribed” from my tri-weekly updates.
I also may now be in a deep dark depression.
You wanna know who I blame here? I blame the numskulls who came up with New Year’s resolutions.
I’m not trying to be the Grinch who Stole All Hope…but people, ME? You’re leaving ME???
I LOVE you!
I want to MARRY you!
I want to make your tummies HAPPY!
I want to give you recipes that will make your FRIENDS tummies happy.
I am a happy giver, not a hope stealer.
Please believe me.
I want to come over and brush your hair and say all soothing-like that no one likes to hug skinny people. All the bones and sharp edges aren’t what good hugs are made of.
You work so hard, you deserve a bite or 20 of dessert.
You deserve to be a cozy hug-giver.
Please come back to me.
Fine, whatever…go get skinny.
I’ll see you in a month.
Clearly I have abandonment issues…more on that another day.
In the meantime, all of my very best friends who know unconditional love and are still here, let’s make some candy.
Oreo Cookie Bark.
I am all about bark. It’s like a lazy person’s candy. No molds necessary.
Start by chopping up some nice dark chocolate…
Then grab some Oreos…
And chop them up too…
Melt half the chocolate and stir in your crumbs.
Spread that on a lined baking sheet…
While the chocolate is setting up make the filling.
I don’t know about you, they should start selling Oreo filling on it’s own. Just a thought.
When your chocolate is set, spread the filling on top…
All the way to the edges.
Now repeat the process again wit the rest of the chocolate and cookies…
Let that whole situation set up and then cut it into pieces…
It might break up a bit, but that’s fine…it’s a messy, delicious excuse for dessert.
- 16 oz good quality dark or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped and divided in half
- 14 Oreo Cookies, crushed and divided in half
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Crush 7 Oreo cookies, set aside.
- Chop 7 oz chocolate and melt in microwave or over a double boiler.
- When chocolate is melted stir in crushed Oreos. Spread evenly in a thin layer on your prepared pan.
- Place in freezer to set, approx 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile to make filling cream together shortening and butter until smooth in mixer, about 1 minute. Turn mixer to low and slowly add in powdered sugar. When all sugar is added, turn mixer up to medium-high and beat for 1 more minute.
- Remove chocolate from freezer and spread the filling on top of the chocolate. Place back in freezer for another 15 minutes.
- Repeat steps 2-5 with remaining chocolate and Oreo cookies, freezing for another 10-15 minutes until top layer of chocolate is set.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut into pieces.
Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days