These Seasoned Crackers are an incredibly easy snack, perfect for a party or a cheese board and can be prepped in just 5 minutes! They stay crispy, which is magical, OR you can bake them to give them even more crunch!
Fire Crackers Are The Perfect Party Snack!
These addicting seasoned crackers will be on your party menu for years to come…salty, packed with flavor, and SO easy to make! My mom used to make these and called them Fire Crackers because you can add as much (or as little) crushed red pepper as you like. I tweaked her recipe and I think I found the sweet spot…a little heat but not too much!
Do You Have To Bake Seasoned Crackers?
The amazing thing about this recipe is that the crackers are drizzled with a seasoned oil. They sit in a container and absorb all the flavor BUT STILL STAY CRISP! I know it’s hard to believe, but it’s true! You don’t HAVE to bake these.
Of course you CAN if you would like a little more crunch, but I can tell you will 100% honesty that these crackers do NOT, I repeat DO NOT get soggy. It’s pretty magical!
Then Why Would I Bake Them?
Baking them makes them a little less oily…not that they are too oily…but it takes that away just a little bit. And baking the crackers does add extra crispness, but it’s not totally necessary! I will say they are super yummy when they’re warm, right out of the oven, but I love them both ways (baked and not baked), so I included both directions in the recipe card.
How Long Should These Fire Crackers “Marinate”?
Once you drizzle the seasoned oil on top of the crackers you will need to flip the container they are in over every 5 minutes or so for the first 30 minutes. This ensures that they get coated in the seasoning. After 30 minutes you can flip the container occasionally, but it’s not totally necessary. Even give it a gentle shake from time to time to make sure all the seasoning is on the crackers.
Let them sit in the seasoning for AT LEAST 4 hours. You really want them to soak up all the flavor. I like to prep these the night before serving, and let them sit overnight!
What If You Don’t Have a Container With a Lid Large Enough?
Don’t worry…you can use a few large zip-top bags, or even a large bowl with a lid or press and seal. As long as it’s airtight. You will just need to be careful when flipping the bag or bowl to ensure the crackers don’t break.
Use Oyster Crackers!
Another solution if you don’t have a container large enough (or just prefer a bite-sized cracker, is to use Oyster Crackers! This will prevent the breaking issue, and will be just as good!
What Seasonings Do You Need?
I like to use a ranch seasoning packet, along with Italian seasoning packet. This just rounds out the flavors, but of course feel free to get creative!
You can use:
- All Ranch, or all Italian seasoning!
- Taco Seasoning to make these Taco Crackers!
- A homemade combination of salt, pepper and dry seasonings like basil, oregano, dill, rosemary etc.
- Add in a teaspoon or two of Adobo sauce from Chipotle in Adobo to really give it a spicy and smoky flavor!
How Long Will These Stay Fresh?
I find these are great at least 5 days after making them if store airtight. I can’t speak to any longer than that because they never last in my house!
Looking For Other Party Snack Ideas? Try These:
- Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
- Puffed Caramel Corn
- Salty Churro Toffee Snack Mix
- Salt and Vinegar Popcorn
- Homemade Cheez-Its
These incredibly easy seasoned crackers (aka Fire Crackers) are the ultimate party snack food. You won’t believe how much flavor is packed into these..plus they take 5 minutes to make!
- 1 pound Saltine crackers (4 sleeves)
- 1 (1- ounce) package dry ranch seasoning mix
- 1 (1- ounce) package Italian Seasoning Mix (like Good Seasons)
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a large rectangular container with a lid, line the crackers up on the edges so they fit into the container. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the ranch seasoning, Italian seasoning, butter, oil, red pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle the mixture evenly over the crackers. Close the container and allow it to sit 4 hours, or overnight, flipping the container over every 5 minutes for the first 30 minutes.
- When you’re ready to serve these, you can serve them right out of the container OR if you prefer a slightly crispier cracker Line them up flat on a large baking sheet and bake at 250° for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 5 crackers
- Calories: 142
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 254.4 mg
- Fat: 10.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.1 g
- Protein: 1.3 g
- Cholesterol: 9.2 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, crackers, saltines, fire crackers, seasoned crackers, comeback crackers, party food ideas, party appetizers, easy party food
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: