My Nutella Brownies are rich, fudgy and full of chocolate hazelnut flavor. These homemade brownies are swirled with Nutella and are impossible to resist. Plus, they come together in one bowl with only 7 ingredients!
If Nutella isn’t your thing (gasp!) try my most favorite Fudgy Brownies recipe. They are THE BEST!
Irresistibly Fudgy Nutella Brownies
Nutella fans, I’m coming for you! Once again, I’m making a dessert with my favorite hazelnut spread. Add these rich, fudgy, irresistible Nutella brownies to the list with my Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies and Nutella Crunch Cake. AND I’ll fill you in on a little secret…I created this brownie recipe for my book so many years ago and they have taken on a life of their own. They are incredibly delicious and easy to make, and always requested by friends and family!
Plus, these extra fudgy brownies are swirled with Nutella. You know that creamy, chocolate/hazelnut spread that is generally reserved for the occasional spoonful when the mood hits? But today we’re swirling it into fudgy brownies because more is more, right? They have single-handedly destroyed my willpower to eat just one or two.
What Is Nutella?
I have so many questions for the folks who have never experienced Nutella in their life. But in case you’re one of them, Nutella is “hazelnut cream,” a variation of hazelnut spread with a hint of cocoa.
If it’s any indication of how delicious Nutella is, it’s manufactured by Ferrero (yes, of Ferrero Rocher chocolate fame). It’s basically a chocolate bar in a jar, which makes it perfect for brownies.
What You’ll Need
Below are the ingredients you’ll need to make these unbelievably fudgy Nutella brownies. There are only 7! The full amounts and details can be found in the recipe card.
- Butter: I prefer to bake with unsalted butter, but salted butter will work too. Simply skip the added salt that comes later in the recipe. Remember to take the butter out of the fridge to let it come to room temperature before you start.
- Brown Sugar: Light brown sugar has the perfect balance of moisture and sweetness, with a deeper flavor. You can substitute granulated sugar in a pinch.
- Eggs and Vanilla: Eggs for richness and structure in your brownies, and vanilla to enrich the flavor.
- Nutella: Our star ingredient. Hazelnut cream brings its signature rich and subtle roasted-nut flavors to the brownies. So good!
- Flour and Salt: The basics. I always stick with all-purpose flour, and a pinch of salt to balance out the fudginess.
You might be looking at the ingredients and thinking, “but where is the cocoa powder?!” I promise you, this isn’t a mistake. All the fudgy, intense cocoa flavor in these Nutella brownies comes from the hazelnut cream all on its own. Trust me, it’s the best!
How to Make Nutella Brownies
I love this recipe because everything comes together in one bowl, for super-easy cleanup. Start by preheating your oven and prepping an 8×8-inch baking dish by lining it with parchment paper. Now, let’s make some crazy-delicious Nutella brownies!
- Combine the Ingredients: Beat together the butter and sugar until they’re light and fluffy, then add in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add Nutella: Mix in Nutella and a pinch of salt, continuing to beat until the mixture is fluffy and smooth.
- Add Flour: Next, slowly incorporate the flour until the batter is just combined. Try not to overmix.
- Swirl: Transfer the batter to your prepared baking pan, making sure to spread it out evenly. Now for the fun part! Drop dollops of Nutella all over the top of the batter and, using a butter knife or a skewer, swirl the hazelnut spread around a bit.
- Bake: Finally, bake the brownies at 350ºF for 30-35 minutes, until they’re set in the middle. Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan. Afterward, lift the brownies out from the pan using the parchment paper, then slice and serve.
My favorite way to serve Nutella brownies is slightly warm, topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and drizzled with Nutella Hot Fudge Sauce. Heaven in dessert form!
Tips for Success
Here are some last-minute tips for the best Nutella brownies:
- How to tell when your brownies are done: Stick a toothpick into the brownies about one inch from the edge of the pan. If the toothpick comes out clean, your brownies are ready to come out. Unlike cakes, if you wait until a toothpick stuck into the center of the brownies comes out clean, they’ll be dry and overdone.
- Line the pan with parchment paper. Not only does this make for even easier cleanup, but it also makes removing the brownies from the pan a breeze. Simply lift them out and place them on the cutting board for slicing.
- Use a plastic knife. Fudgy brownies have a tendency to stick to metal, so my trick is to use a plastic knife for smoother cuts.
Add-Ins and Variation Ideas
These Nutella brownies are delicious just as they are, but you can always indulge in easy add-in ideas. Here are some fun recipe variations to try:
- Nuts: Mix chopped hazelnuts, pecans, or walnuts into the batter for a bit of crunch.
- Chocolate Chips: Stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Chocolate Ganache: Pourable Chocolate Ganache isn’t just for cakes. Drizzle it over these Nutella brownies for an even fudgier flavor. Or, pour over some Nutella Hot Fudge Sauce to really amp things up.
- Caramel Sauce: Drizzle on some Homemade Caramel Sauce.
- Sea Salt: If you love a sweet-salty combination, sprinkle flaked sea salt over the tops of the brownies when they’re still a little warm. YUM.
How to Store Nutella Brownies
Store your Nutella brownies airtight on the countertop for up to 5 days.
Can I Freeze Nutella Brownies?
Yes! Once the brownies have cooled, wrap them either together or individually in plastic wrap, plus a layer of aluminum foil. Freeze them for up to 1 month, and thaw the brownies at room temperature before serving.Print
Fudgy Nutella Brownies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 brownies 1x
- Category: Brownies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Nutella Brownies are rich, fudgy, dense, and full of chocolate hazelnut flavor. These homemade brownies are swirled with Nutella for an easy dessert that’s impossible to resist.
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup Nutella, plus 1/4 cup for swirling
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper, spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and brown sugar together for 2 minutes on medium speed. With the mixer still on medium add in eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until it’s smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer down to medium-low and add in the Nutella and salt, mixing until it’s smooth and fluffy.
Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan evenly. Drop the remaining Nutella by the teaspoon-full evenly on top of the batter, and then using a butter knife swirl the Nutella into the batter.
- Bake the brownies for 30- 35 minutes until the center is just set.
- Place the pan onto a wire rack and allow them to cool completely in the pan.
When ready to slice, remove the foil from the pan onto a cutting board and cut into squares.
- Store airtight for up to 5 days at room temperature.
- Freeze airtight for up to 30 days for the best freshness.
Keywords: fudgy brownies, homemade brownies, nutella recipes
Want To Save This Recipe?
Find more recipes like this:
More Homemade Brownies to Try
- Perfect Fudgy Brownies
- Marshmallow Brownies
- Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
- Buckeye Brownies
- Cookie Dough Brownies
- Pecan Pie Brownies
PIN for later:
1 thought on “Fudgy Nutella Brownies”
Thank you for sharing the wonderful recipe. How much in Grams is your cup of Nutella