Delicious Krispie Treat Ice Cream Pie is a new spin on your average ice cream cake! Made with a “crust” of Rice Krispie cereal and melted white chocolate for crunch, alongside creamy strawberry ice cream and whipped cream. There are so many flavor possibilities with this easy no-bake dessert!
If you love ice cream cake make sure to try my kids MOST favorite, always requested Brownie Bottom Ice Cream Cake!
Refreshing Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Pie
It’s summer. It’s hot. You know what this means? Ice cream pie is happening.
I first made this recipe for homemade ice cream pie years ago. It was so cool and refreshing then, and it’s been cool and refreshing ever since as one of our favorite summer desserts! A crunchy and chewy Rice Krispie treat crust is topped with a thick layer of strawberry ice cream. It’s a semi-from scratch recipe and super easy!
When made with strawberry ice cream, this Krispie treat ice cream pie tastes a bit like those Strawberry Crunch ice cream bars you might remember from your local ice cream truck growing up. But the possibilities are truly endless! And I’m definitely not complaining.
What You’ll Need
Here’s what you’ll need to make this simple, semi-homemade no-bake pie:
- White Chocolate: Melted white chocolate is what binds the Rice Krispies together to form the pie crust.
- Rice Krispies: You’ll need classic Rice Krispie Cereal or your preferred brand of crisped rice cereal.
- Strawberry Ice Cream: Technically, you can make this recipe with any flavor of ice cream you like! I chose strawberry because it gives this frozen pie some serious Strawberry Shortcake ice cream bar vibes. Make sure your ice cream is taken out of the freezer ahead of time so that it’s softened enough to spread.
- Cool Whip: Thawed Cool Whip topping makes decorating this pie easy-peasy.
- Strawberries: For garnish. Fresh strawberries are always best if you’re making this recipe in season! However, you can also use frozen strawberries that have been thawed and drained of their juice.
How to Make Krispie Treat Ice Cream Pie
This ice cream pie is perfect for summer baking, mainly because there isn’t actually any baking involved. No need to turn on the oven here! Just three easy steps and then the freezer does the rest:
Make the Crust: In a large bowl, stir the Rice Krispie cereal into melted white chocolate to coat. Next you’ll press the mixture evenly into the bottom of a springform pan and pop the crust into the freezer to set.
Assemble the Pie: After about 15 minutes, take your pie crust out of the freezer. Use a rubber spatula to smooth a thick layer of strawberry ice cream over the crust. Top the ice cream with Cool Whip and a garnish of strawberries.
Freeze: Lastly, cover and place the pie back into the freezer. Leave it to set for at least 2 hours before serving.
Tips for Success
Some useful tips to keep in mind when making and serving ice cream pie:
- Take the Pie Out Before Serving: To make this dessert easier to serve, let it sit out at room temperature for about 10 minutes beforehand to soften the ice cream and crust.
- For Clean Slices: Use a serrated knife if you have one. Run the knife under warm water and give it a wipe off in between slices. This helps with clean edges and makes the slices easier to lift away from the pie.
- Try Different Flavors: If you’re not a fan of strawberry ice cream, you can make this pie with any ice cream flavor your heart desires. Use vanilla or chocolate ice cream, cookies and cream, rocky road, or even make your own homemade 2 Ingredient Ice Cream!
This cake is delicious on its own, but for an extra bit of indulgence, I’ll drizzle the whipped topping with the likes of Nutella Hot Fudge Sauce or Caramel Sauce. Here are more easy pie toppings to try:
- Shaved white chocolate
- Toasted coconut
- Chocolate chips
- Maraschino cherries
- Rainbow sprinkles or nonpareils
- Mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries)
- Chopped nuts (peanuts, hazelnuts, pecans)
- Crushed cookies (Oreos, chocolate chip cookies, Graham crackers)
I think it goes without saying that ice cream pie belongs in the freezer! Don’t let the pie sit at room temperature too long, and return your leftovers to the freezer tightly wrapped in plastic or in an airtight container.
More Easy Frozen Desserts to Try
- Fried Ice Cream
- Neapolitan Ice Cream Cake
- Drumstick Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Fruity Pebble Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Peanut Butter Dream Ice Cream Bars
- Sweet and Salty Ice Cream Terrine
Krispie Treat Ice Cream Pie
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Chilling Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 slices 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
This Krispie Treat Ice Cream Pie is a fun spin on your average strawberry ice cream cake! An easy no-bake dessert made with a “crust” of Rice Krispie treats for crunch topped with creamy strawberry ice cream and whipped cream.
- 8 oz white chocolate
- 4 cups rice krispie cereal
- 1 1/2 qts strawberry ice cream (or any flavor you would like), softened enough to spread
- 2 cups Cool Whip, thawed
- strawberries to garnish
- Melt the white chocolate in a large bowl in microwave or over a double boiler.
- Stir in rice krispie cereal, coating completely with the white chocolate.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 9″ or 10″ springform pan.
- Freeze crust for 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and spread the ice cream on top of crust. Top with Cool Whip and strawberries, if desired.
- Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve allow to sit out for 15 or so minutes to soften ice cream and crust.
cover airtight and store in freezer for up for 30 days.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 326
- Sugar: 20.1 g
- Sodium: 143.5 mg
- Fat: 14.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 46.1 g
- Protein: 4.4 g
- Cholesterol: 24 mg
Keywords: ice cream cake recipe, frozen desserts, easy summer desserts
Want To Save This Recipe?
Find more recipes like this:
PIN for later:
21 comments on “Krispie Treat Ice Cream Pie”
OOH. Looks delish. The rice krispies would give a crunchy texture to the smooth ice cream and topping. And there’s plenty room for variety and mix-ups!
Beautiful photography as always!
Just a random note: Did anyone else that that glass cup when you were pressing the krispies down looked like you were pouring in some sugar syrup? I thought it odd the first time around.
I love this ice cream pie! Great idea with the rice krispies on the bottom! And glad to know I’m not the only one who hides when the doorbell rings. Usually it’s someone trying to sell something and waste my time. Our front door has windows so I’m usually hiding behind a wall and trying to peek around the corner. 🙂
So I just learned I have no cool whip…. You think some heavy whipping cream beat to heck would do?
Your krispie treat ice cream pie looks so yummy! I just had to leave a comment here beacuse..I call my husband (EVERY TIME) when my doorbell rings! I’m freaking out on the cell phone, running upstairs to try to look out the window to see who could possibly be ringing my bell right smack in the middle of daytime! Soo happy to know I’m not the only nutty girl out there! Haha.. 🙂
HAHAHA! You are not alone 🙂
What a fun dessert!
Wow, I am in love with this cake! All of my favorite things 🙂 xo
Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it,
you could be a great author. I will make certain to bookmark your blog and
will often come back sometime soon. I want to encourage
you to ultimately continue your great work, have a nice holiday weekend!
this sounds heavenly right now…