You will love this Butterscotch Blondie Recipe because not only is chewy, buttery and delicious…it is also loaded with white chocolate chips!
Wanna know a secret?
I don’t like butterscotch. I know, I know.
The flavor is so strong and well..I don’t know.
I mean, I like butter…so it must be the scotch part that I don’t like.
I even googled “what is butterscotch?” and I have no idea why I wouldn’t like it ~ there’s butter, there’s dark brown sugar, there’s cream…actually it sounds a lot like caramel…which I LOVE. So, yeah, I don’t know.
Maybe it’s because I think back to the weird old butterscotch candies that my grandma used to give me that had been at the bottom of her purse for decades. I always had to pick pieces of lint off the candy before popping it in my mouth. But, my choices were between a decade old butterscotch candy or Clove gum. Butterscotch won. Clove gum, really? Who’s brilliant idea was that?
So anyway, I have never been too keen on the butterscotch. BUT it seems as though millions of you love it. LOVE it..can’t get enough.
So when I got an email from a very nice butterscotch loving reader named Melanie, asking for a good butterscotch/white chocolate blondie recipe, who am I to let down the butterscotch masses? That’s pressure.
So I made these bars, under duress, knowing I wouldn’t like them…not at all, not one bit.
Well, I was wrong.
As a matter of fact I will be making these again and again and again. Because I kinda loved them.
The butterscotch is not strong…it just hangs out in the middle, making your mouth kinda happy and you don’t even know why.
I can’t call myself an official butterscotch convert, but wrapped up in a buttery, brown sugary batter doused with white chocolate chips, butterscotch suddenly became the ingredient that pulled them all together…the unifier, if you will. Butterscotch, I give you a second chance.
White Chocolate Butterscotch Blondies
This batter goes together in a breeze.
Melt a stick of butter, add 1 cup of dark brown sugar, vanilla and an egg and mix them together.
Now melt 3/4 cup of butterscotch chips.
Spread it in your pan…Print
- 1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line an 8×8 pan with foil and spray foil lightly with non stick spray.
- In your mixer combine melted butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix on medium until combined.
- On low speed add in your melted butterscotch chips and mix until smooth, scraping sides as needed.
- Turn mixer back to low and add your baking soda, salt and flour. Mix until just combined.
- Add in your white chocolate chips and mix until incorporated evenly.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When done, let cool, before cutting into squares
Want To Save This Recipe?
Also, if you haven’t already, stop by my new site, That’s What WE Said, and let me know what you think! Kristan and I are having all sorts of fun over there 🙂