You will love this Butterscotch Blondie Recipe because not only is chewy, buttery and delicious…it is also loaded with white chocolate chips!
Wanna know a secret?
I don’t like butterscotch. I know, I know.
The flavor is so strong and well..I don’t know.
I mean, I like butter…so it must be the scotch part that I don’t like.
I even googled “what is butterscotch?” and I have no idea why I wouldn’t like it ~ there’s butter, there’s dark brown sugar, there’s cream…actually it sounds a lot like caramel…which I LOVE. So, yeah, I don’t know.
Maybe it’s because I think back to the weird old butterscotch candies that my grandma used to give me that had been at the bottom of her purse for decades. I always had to pick pieces of lint off the candy before popping it in my mouth. But, my choices were between a decade old butterscotch candy or Clove gum. Butterscotch won. Clove gum, really? Who’s brilliant idea was that?
So anyway, I have never been too keen on the butterscotch. BUT it seems as though millions of you love it. LOVE it..can’t get enough.
So when I got an email from a very nice butterscotch loving reader named Melanie, asking for a good butterscotch/white chocolate blondie recipe, who am I to let down the butterscotch masses? That’s pressure.
So I made these bars, under duress, knowing I wouldn’t like them…not at all, not one bit.
Well, I was wrong.
As a matter of fact I will be making these again and again and again. Because I kinda loved them.
The butterscotch is not strong…it just hangs out in the middle, making your mouth kinda happy and you don’t even know why.
I can’t call myself an official butterscotch convert, but wrapped up in a buttery, brown sugary batter doused with white chocolate chips, butterscotch suddenly became the ingredient that pulled them all together…the unifier, if you will. Butterscotch, I give you a second chance.
White Chocolate Butterscotch Blondies
This batter goes together in a breeze.
Melt a stick of butter, add 1 cup of dark brown sugar, vanilla and an egg and mix them together.
Now melt 3/4 cup of butterscotch chips.
Spread it in your pan…Print
- 1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line an 8×8 pan with foil and spray foil lightly with non stick spray.
- In your mixer combine melted butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix on medium until combined.
- On low speed add in your melted butterscotch chips and mix until smooth, scraping sides as needed.
- Turn mixer back to low and add your baking soda, salt and flour. Mix until just combined.
- Add in your white chocolate chips and mix until incorporated evenly.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When done, let cool, before cutting into squares
Want To Save This Recipe?