Today is the last day of Candy Bar Week…
I made 3 Musketeers Fudge Brownies.
If you don’t enjoy chocolate, like my crazy-butt husband, please step away from the computer now.
…Yeah, I knew you guys wouldn’t leave.
These are crazyoverthetopinyourface brownie genius.
Since I am incapable of humblebragging, I will just brag.
These are a good invention and you will love me forever if you make them.
They are a riff on these brownies I made last year and I was pretty sure they couldn’t be one-upped…until today.
So let’s get down to the business of becoming a brownie genius…
Three Musketeers Fudge Brownies.
I started with a boxed brownie mix. Feel free to use your own recipe, because you guys constantly remind me you like your own brownies. I get it…I do too.
It’s just in this case the brownie is basically a vehicle for the 3 Musketeer Fudge, so I took a short-cut.
Just make sure you bake your brownie in a 9×9 pan…so if you’re using a boxed mix, don’t get all Family-Size on me. Just a normal box.
Also, don’t get hung up on ounces in the brownie mix or anything. It really doesn’t matter as long as you bake them in a 9×9.
Once your brownies are done-cooled, get to chopping your 3 Musketeers…
I used an entire 11 oz bag of “Fun Sized” 3 Musketeers.
Sprinkle HALF of those chopped candy bars onto your baked brownie…
Set the rest to the side for a bit.
Now make your pourable fudge…
Melt 2 cups of semi-sweet chips with a whole can of sweetened condensed milk…
I used the double boiler method to do the melting, but I bet the microwave would work too.
Then pour that all over the brownie…
Just spread it so it’s smooth-ish…
Finally press the remainder of the 3 Musketeers into the fudge mixture…
Then pop the whole thing in the fridge for at least 30 minutes so the fudge has time to set up.
Then that’s totally it.
Are you sad Candy Week is over?
I am kinda too, but I mean, who are we kidding…I had a reader comment the other day that everyday is Candy Bar day round these parts, so clearly we’ll be revisiting candy.
Now go check out Bridget’s Whoppers Chocolate Malt Brownies…these speak to my heart…
and Kristan’s Peppermint Pattie Bombes. Boom!
These girls have outdone themselves this week!
- 1 box brownie mix, baked according to package directions in 9x9 pan, cooled
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (11 oz) bag Fun Sized 3 Musketeers bars, chopped
- Bake brownies in 9x9 pan, according to package directions. Allow to cool completely.
- When cooled sprinkle half of the chopped 3 Musketeers bars on top of brownie evenly.
- Combine semi-sweet chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in bowl. Melt together over a double boiler.
- When melted pour over brownies and chopped candy bars, spreading evenly. Press remaining candy bars into the fudge layer.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow fudge to set.
- Cut into squares.