These Buckeye Brownies are perfect and easy chocolate and peanut butter brownies!
Sometimes weekends are so good that you don’t want them to end.
Other times they are so busy that you welcome the structure of a Monday.
Ok, that’s a lie. Monday’s are never really welcome.
Especially when it’s your kid’s last week of school and they are all hyped up on summer-sugar.
On a side-note, daylight savings time was not invented by a female, because a female would have been way smarter and scheduled it to happen after all schools were closed for summer. So if you happen to be an ancestor of the moron, Mr. Spring Forward, can you use your lineage to get that changed? Thanks.
Trying to get your kids in bed when it’s still super light out is basically from the devil.
Annnd, I have been known, from time to time, to put the kids in bed extra early just so one (or all) of them don’t die.
It’s really for their sake that they are tucked in by 8:00 because I tend to not be a nice lady around children at the 8:30 hour. That’s real talk.
Plus, I need to get the kids in bed early because someone has gotten me hooked on a ridiculous tv show that I can’t stop watching on Netflix. I am not a teenage girl, nor do I get any sort of thrill out of vampires, but really… the kids don’t need to mess with my Damon time.
That’s what we were talking about, right?
Get some brownie mix and mix in some oil and stuff. And oh yeah, some chopped peanuts…
Press half of it into a pan.
And if you’re gonna be one of those people who asks me if you can use your own brownie recipe instead of a brownie mix..I have no idea. Give it a try and tell me if it works.
Then mix up some peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk…which, by the way, is basically a filling I could swim in…swimsuit optional.
Spread that over half your brownie stuff…
Then take the rest of your dough and drop it all over the top.
Don’t forget to push it down into the peanut butter.
- 1 box (18-19 oz) Brownie Mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Lightly grease 9x13 pan
- With your mixer combine brownie mix, oil and eggs until incorporated and smooth.
- Stir in chopped peanuts
- Divide batter in half.
- Press half batter into bottom of prepared pan (it will be a thin layer) and set the other half to the side.
- In a large bowl combine peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk with whisk.
- Pour mixture over the bottom layer of brownie.
- Drop the remaining brownie mix on top of peanut butter mixture, pressing each spoonful lightly into peanut butter.
- Bake for 25 minutes until just set.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.