The Salty Chocolate Chip Oat Bars are the perfect lunchbox snack..chewy and loaded with oats with a little coarse sea salt thrown in to make them delicious!
These bars are a lazy recipe.
They’re just too simple..and I honestly can’t believe I haven’t shared them before.
But they’re lazy because I didn’t spend hours/days/months/years planning them out, testing them, re-testing them..
I literally tried a recipe, made it and it worked.
End of story.
ANNND what’s so great is you can do the same. Whip them up, bake them, eat them and call it a day.
A very delicious day.
These Salty Chocolate Chip Oat Bars are pretty hearty. All the oats in there gives them a great texture and chewiness! Plus the added coarse sea salt is a win.
Just prepare your batter as per usual..but I used vegetable oil in place of butter in this recipe. It helps keep them super soft.
Oh, and I added coconut. Because yum.
You don’t’ have to, though!
Isn’t it purdy?
Press that into the pan…
And bake them up.
These are really great as lunchbox snacks too!
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1¾ cups flour
- 2¾ cups of old-fashioned oats
- 1½ cups chocolate chips
- ½ cup flaked sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line 9x13 baking dish with foil and spray lightly, set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer combine oil, brown sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Add in oats and mix until evenly combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and coconut (if desired)
- Bake for 20 minutes until just set.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
store airtight for up to 3 days
Here are some other great oatmeal bars I have made…
Salty Caramel Oat Bars are a huge favorite in my house!
Or these Banana Split Granola Bars…