These Strawberries and Cream Cookies are so easy, but perfectly sweet with fun bites of strawberry and white chocolate.
I have to say, adding fruit into my cookies isn’t the “norm” around here.
I firmly believe that fruit has no business in dessert.
Well, I USED to believe that was a truth.
But really, as long as there is the appropriate amount of sugar and butter added, fruit is TOTALLY acceptable in desserts.
I mean, I do love me a good fruit salad, don’t get me wrong, but it isn’t a substitute for cake.
So adding these dried strawberries into cookies started out as an experiment…
I couldn’t perfect a cookie with real strawberries baked in..I tried…and didn’t get the results I was looking for.
But DRIED strawberries are a different story.
They are the perfect chewy, sweet addition to a cookie…and I even found myself wishing I added more to the batter.
Am I a changed woman or what?
So let’s talk about these cookies that you need in your face now.
And I mean it..you need these. I am a little obsessed with them.
The dough is a fairly straightforward one, but I played around with some of the ratios of ingredients and believe I came up with the most PERFECT recipe for a chewy, thick cookie. NO cornstarch or chilling needed.
AND I found that even 3 days later they tasted perfect. Pound it!
Start with your dried strawberries…NOT freeze dried, folks…just dried.
They are chewy and sweet, a little like a gummy. I found them in the bulk section of my supermarket, but I’ve seen them at Target near the raisins and all.
Anyhow, I chopped them up into smaller bits.
I also used by beloved mini white chocolate chips…but you could absolutely use regular sized white chips.
I mixed those into the batter.
Now, the batter itself is simple..but I used 1 egg and a yolk to help with the chewy consistency and I also used baking soda AND baking powder. The combination of the two makes these cookies the perfect height and consistency!
I am actually going to try this base dough for a regular chocolate chip cookie base. Can’t wait!
I placed a few chips and strawberries on top of my dough scoops to make ‘em purty…
And when they’re baked they will look like this…
Like I said, they are a quick cookie that I couldn’t be prouder of!
They are so chewy and delicious…can’t wait for you to try these!
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2¼ cup flour
- 1 cup chopped dried strawberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- IN bowl of stand mixer cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. scraping sides as needed.
- Add in egg and yolk and beat until mixed well. Add vanilla.
- With mixer on medium mix in your baking soda, baking powder and salt. Beat for 30 seconds until combined.
- Turn mixer to low and mix in flour until evenly incorporated.
- Stir in strawberries and white chocolate chips.
- Place by heaping tablespoon or cookie scoop onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes until edges are lightly golden.
- Allow to cool on a cookie sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.