Cake Mix Cookies are an easy cookie recipe that you can mix and match cake flavors and add-ins! Mix in chocolate chips, M&Ms, sprinkles, peanut butter chips and more to your favorite cake mix flavor and get creative!
Table of Contents
You know I love an easy cookie recipe and baking using cake mix as a short cut ingredient is a trick I am fully on board with! Cake Mix is such a great time saver, and while I don’t use it all the time, I feel like it definitely has a time and place when I’m in a pinch! One of my favorites is my Cake Mix Brownies! I even have a whole section on my site here for Cake Mix Recipes!
Here Are Some Of My Favorite Recipes Using Cake Mix:
There are days when I really crave something home-baked, but don’t feel like breaking out the measuring cups, and this easy cookie recipe is just the answer! You only need 3 ingredients, plus any add-ins you desire!
Tools/What You’ll Need:
- Cake Mix. I like vanilla cake mix the best!
- Eggs. Use large eggs for this recipe.
- Oil. I use vegetable oil in this recipe, however, any light colored oil will work such as Canola Oil or Corn Oil.
What Can I Add Into Cake Mix Cookies?
This is one place you can get creative when making these cookies or you can keep it simple and leave them plain!
- Chocolate Chips
- White Chips
- Reese’s Pieces
- Chopped Candy Bars
- Peanut Butter Chips
What Kind Of Cake Mix Can You Use?
Here’s another place you can use your imagination! There are so many flavor combos that could be great!
- Spice Cake
- Carrot Cake
- Red Velvet
The Recipe Calls for 18-ounce Cake Mix, What If You Can Only Find 15- ounces?
I have found that they seem to be phasing out the old 18- ounce cake mixes and only sell 15- ounces. So to work around this I add 1/4 cup extra all purpose flour to the mix.
I will be honest and say that you can absolutely just use the 15 ounce in place of the 18 without any variation, the cookies will be only *slightly thinner. Cake mix is very forgiving!
Here Are Some Flavor Combo Ideas!
There are so many possibilities here, but I’ll give you a few fun ideas:
- Red Velvet + White Chips
- Chocolate Cake + Peanut Butter Chips
- Spice Cake + Cinnamon Chips
- Carrot Cake + White Chips
- White Cake + Fruity Pebbles
- Lemon Cake + White Chips
- Strawberry Cake + Mini Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Cake + Rolo Candies
Looking For More Cake Mix Cookies? Try These:
- Funfetti Gooey Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Cake Mix Carrot Cake Cookies
- Strawberry Gooey Butter Cookies
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Dessert
Easy Cake Mix Cookies are a fun way to mix and match cake flavors to add-ins! My kids LOVE to make these!
- 1 (18.25 – ounce) box cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup add-ins like chocolate chips or M&M’s (if adding in sprinkles use 1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together cake mix, eggs, and oil until smooth. Alternately you can do this step in the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mixing ingredients on low until combined.
- Mix in desired add-ins until evenly incorporated.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop portion the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet 2- inches apart. Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until lightly golden at the edges.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Store in an airtight container for up 3 days.
Use any flavor cake mix you would like and mix and match add-ins!
If you can’t find the 18- ounce size of cake mix and can only fid the 15 ounce, just add in 1/4 cup extra all purpose flour.
*Nutritional information does not include add-ins
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 119
- Sugar: 7.9 g
- Sodium: 126.3 mg
- Fat: 6.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.6 g
- Protein: 1.2 g
- Cholesterol: 15.5 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, cookie recipe, cake mix recipe, cake mix, cake mix cookies
243 comments on “Cake Mix Cookies”
I used a zero sugar cake mix and they are not just deli, but much less sugar and calories too.
I made these cookies and I’m getting ready to pop them in the oven. All seems well….thanks!!!!! I used funfetti cake mix, white chocolate chips and pine nuts!!
This was an easy way to make cookies with my two-year-old granddaughter. We were done in less than an hour. And they were so delicious. I used carrot cake box mix. And I can’t wait to try funfetti with this recipe. A1
Five stars exactly how my husband likes his cookies soft, big, dark chocolate chips and yellow cake mix. I substituted applesauce for half of the oil. They were super delicious you cannot taste any applesauce