These Swirled Peanut Butter Cup Cookies are rich vanilla cookies loaded with peanut butter cups and swirled with creamy peanut butter! It’s such an easy recipe, and a great one for your kiddos to get involved with too!
My kids love to help me bake…especially if it’s a recipe they had a hand in developing. They’re constantly throwing ideas my way…some great…some a little less great. Either way, I love getting them involved.
When I was approached by Country Crock to put a spin on their “Make It Yours” Cookie I knew my kiddos would have ideas. And oh yes…the ideas flowed.
We all settled on a cookie with peanut butter cups, but to make them even more interesting we thought we could swirl peanut butter into the cookie as well, giving it a pretty marbled effect, but also extra bites of creamy peanut butter!
I know I’m biased, but my kids are pretty smart.
Now I will be honest, I don’t typical bake with buttery spreads, like Country Crock, but I LOVED how the cookies turned out! They stayed thick and nice and had a great buttery taste. And I was happy to learn that Country Crock contains no artificial flavors or preservatives, and 0g of trans fats per serving.
The dough came together really quickly, and since it’s a spread you don’t need to bring it up to room temperature before baking, which is great in a pinch!
I even used my hand mixer for this recipe, which was a nice change of pace!
Now for the fun stuff. We bought these cute little unwrapped peanut butter cups…
And just mixed them into the dough! We might have sampled a few during the process.
Then the fun part…we got some creamy peanut butter and dropped it into the dough by the spoonful.
We used the back of our wooden spoon to swirl it into the dough…enough to be combined, but so you could still see ribbons of peanut butter.
We scooped the dough out, using a large cookie scoop and placed it on a parchment lined baking sheet…
They baked up perfectly!
Once they were cooled we couldn’t wait to sample.
We had such a fun time coming up with this recipe!Print
- 1 cup Country Crock® Spreadable Sticks or Tub, cold from the refrigerator
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups mini unwrapped peanut butter cups
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix Country Crock® Spread, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, egg, egg yolk and vanilla in large bowl until well mixed. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda until blended. (Dough will be soft and creamy.)
- Stir in the peanut butter cups until evenly combined.
- Next drop the peanut butter by the spoonful into the cookie dough. Using the back of a wooden spoon or spatula, swirl the peanut butter into the cookie dough, so there are ribbons of peanut butter throughout the dough. Be careful not to fully incorporate the peanut butter into the cookie dough.
- Using a large cookie scoop, drop dough onto the baking sheet 3-inches apart.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes until edges are lightly golden.Be careful not to over-bake.
- Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from sheets and cool completely.
Want To Save This Recipe?
Visit MakeItYoursRecipe.com for the Make It YoursTM Cookie Recipe and more baking inspiration.
Thank you for supporting the brands that make Cookies & Cups possible.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Country Crock . The opinions and text are all mine.