These Browned Butter Banana Blondies with brown sugar frosting are OUT OF CONTROL delicious.
I feel a little bit like a blogger-failure.
(btw, follow me on Pinterest) … Ok, that was decidedly ALL blogger.
The reason I’m thinking about my “career” as a food blogger is because I just got a new car. And on the credit application I had to fill in the slot for “occupation”.
So like, do I put BLOGGER? That sounds so…I don’t know…confusing?
And then ALL THE QUESTIONS…you make MONEY blogging? How does that work? Where does the money come from? How? HOWWW?
And really, is it possible to be considered a food blogger is you haven’t tried zucchini noodles yet? I think not.
So I stared at the application trying to come up with a fancy way to write “blogger”.. kind of like Sanitation Engineer…or Nail Technician.
I ended up putting “Website Publisher”, which I thought at the time sounded super grown up and profesh.
Until the guy came out and asked me what that meant. And I had to say blogger anyway.
Also, buying a car gives me hives.
SO anyway. Next time I will just write “Food Blogger” as my occupation with my URL next to it. PAGEVIEWS FOREVER!
Let’s now talk blondies. My bread and butter.
These are Banana Blondies.
Oh wait, I’m a food blogger…these are BROWNED BUTTER Banana Blondies.
They are simple simple. Promise.
Grab you a banana and some brown sugar.
Then melt your butter. Or brown it if you’re nasty.
Mix the butter and brown sugar together.
Mix in the rest of your ingredients…including the banana, that you need to mash, btw.
And then spread it in to a lined pan…
Bake it up for about 25 minutes. And if you want (you want) make some brown sugar frosting. It’s so yum. and when they’re cooled spread it all up on there…
I swear you need to make these. They are THAT good.
If you like banana stuff, check out these other recipes I’ve got:
- ½ cup butter, melted and if desired browned
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup mashed banana (1 medium banana)
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8x8 baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside
- In bowl of stand mixer combine melted (or browned) butter and sugar. Mix until combined. Add in egg and vanilla and continue mixing until incorporated. Stir in salt, flour and banana until batter is smooth and even. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until center is set.
- Transfer pan to wire rack to cool.
- Frost the blondies when they are mostly cooled.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter. Add brown sugar and milk and stir until mixture comes to just a boil. Remove from heat, allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in powdered sugar with a whisk.
- Spread on top of blondies and allow frosting to set and blondies to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen.