Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is a favorite in my house!
A new season on The Real Housewives of New Jersey has started.
I live in New Jersey and wasn’t asked to be part of the cast…which is, I know, I know, really unbelievable.
I think it might be because I am not Italian.
Or maybe because I don’t live in a ginormous house with lots of marble.
…or maybe because I have nice friends…
you know, not the kind of friends that pull out my “weave” or call me a “prostitution whore”.
MAYBE it’s because I have never use the word “matriarch” to describe myself or because I’ve never called my husband “juicy”.
Or it could be because I drive a minivan, not a Range Rover.
Possibly it’s because I don’t attend events that require me to “walk the runway” in feathered accessories
…or because I don’t have a lot of bedazzled clothing.
Maybe I wasn’t considered because I am not tan all year long, or have super long french manicured nails?
Should I start practicing the table flip? or ask my husband to get a questionable job in “real estate development”…you think?
Any way you slice it I don’t think I am in the running for newest cast member.
Speaking of slicing…do you guys have a good kitchen knife?
Wait…maybe that’s why Bravo hasn’t called yet…because I can be trusted with a knife!
Yes, that’s totally why…because ya know, those Housewives are crazy y’all!
Anyways, you guys have GOT to try this knife…
It’s the 7″ Santoku Knife from Ergo Chef.
The people over Ergo Chef have, in my opinion, developed the perfect go-to kitchen knife.
Their line of knives have the most ideal shape, angle and design for slicing, dicing and chopping.
The ergonomic handle fits perfect in your hand…it just FEELS good to hold.
I think every kitchen needs a good knife..and I wouldn’t say this unless I meant it..the Santoku knife has become a staple in my kitchen.
Check out all the thought that went into the design of their knives.
It’s like all sciencey and stuff.
Now onto the Zucchini bread…
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread, actually
You’ll need some grated zucchini…
Mix up your batter and don’t forget the chocolate chips!
Bake and drizzle some glaze. Glaze is good.
makes 2 loaves
- 2 cups grated zucchini (approx 1 large zucchini or 2 small)
- 3 eggs (lightly whisked)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp.cinnamon
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (plus more if needed) powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray 2 8×4 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl stir until combined zucchini, eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix (about 50 strokes) until incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter equally between the two pans and bake 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool and remove from pans.
- Combine all ingredients and using a handheld mixer beat together until smooth adding more milk or powdered sugar until the consistency you desire is achieved.
- When the loaves have cooled drizzle the glaze on top.