- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 cup Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder, sifted *you can use regular cocoa powder if you prefer
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a mixer combine all ingredients and over low speed for 30 seconds.
- Increase speed to medium and beat for 1 minute until smooth.
- Let frosting cool for 15-20 minutes before you frost cake or cupcakes.
I prefer the dark cocoa powder, as it gives a deeper chocolate flavor, but you can certainly use regular or Dutch Processed cocoa powder.