Basic Rice Krispie Treats Recipe.
This recipe is perfect for snacking, cutting into shapes and decorating.
I DO, however, have my ULTIMATE PERFECT Rice Krispie Treat Recipe, which can be found HERE. It’s a little bit softer, a little bit gooey and my ultimate favorite. But if you’re looking to cut the krispie treats into shapes that will hold up use this Basic recipe!
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 (10 oz) bag mini marshmallows
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 7 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- Line a 9x9 pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In large saucepan over low heat melt butter. Once butter is melted add marshmallows, salt and vanilla, stirring constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in cereal.
- Press immediately into prepared pan.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
- Best if served same day